DISAPPOINTED!!

Mountain dewd

DISAPPOINTED!!

Postby Mountain dewd » 13 Apr 2017, 20:37

I just received a package from UPS, and looking at the label, it was from Gerber. I had sent my broken multi tool to them 5 months ago to have them fix a broken jaw. They said 4-6 weeks for a total turnaround. I thought it was gone for good, but it dod show up today. I eagerly opened the package, and to my distress, I found only my broken multi tool, missing the jaw that I had sent in! So, now I don't even have a chance to weld it myself. I am out the cost of shipping and five months for nothing. Pretty disappointed in Gerber's warranty work.
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

heck

Re: DISAPPOINTED!!

Postby heck » 14 Apr 2017, 07:22

That's pretty bad customer service. Did they at least tell you why they wouldn't fix/replace it?

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 14 Apr 2017, 12:22

They said it was due to it being "discontinued". For the record, a nearly identical unit is still in production. It is my belief that the letter they provided was likely computer generated. I really like this Gerber product but I am unsure if I will purchase another one, new.
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

WASATCH CHARLIE

Postby WASATCH CHARLIE » 14 Apr 2017, 21:12

That sure is UNGERBER !!!!!! Its ALL about customer service these days..... ordered some new business cards from VISTAPRINT.... they were printed in HOLLAND,shipped to ONTARIO and then here.....took 11 days !!!!! VISTAPRINT gets MY BUSINESS !!!
Gave an almost new 9mm LEE mold to a friend...told me that the mold does not quite line up.....I said ''just take it back to WHOLESALE SPORTS /big local ''cabelas type store,. he did a couple days ago and was told SO SORRY, ONLY 3 MONTHS FROM PURCHASE return policy........send it back to LEE yourself !!!!

with CABELAS just 5 minutes from their front door, you think they would offer some decent service !!
This same fellow somehow broke my new RCBS Green plastic bullet puller.....i'll send it down to RCBS and report back what kind of service I get,,,,,

I'm really surprised with GERBER...... HELL,YOU COULD HAVE ''WALKED'' up to Oregon !!!!!
General JAY GIBSON was my friend and always will be.
Straight as an arrow to VALHALLA. Brother.
Keep an eye on IVY until I get home. ztou

44man

Postby 44man » 10 Jun 2017, 12:39

Gerber is my best knife. stays sharp too. Little folder but if I get both hands on it I can split deer ribs to the throat. It has done almost every deer.
Why you didn't get a new one must have been a jerk in shipping. Keep at it.

Return to “Folding Knives; Fighting Knives, Swords, Daggers”