Kurt flinging some arrows!

Mountain dewd

Kurt flinging some arrows!

Postby Mountain dewd » 17 Mar 2016, 17:51

I actually got my longbow out today and took it in the backyard to shoot a few arrows.I dont seem to have improved much----no real surprise there.The bow is 50 lbs at 31" I have no idea who made it.The arrow in the picture was made by an old friend named Chip.He is a REAL archer.Can and does make his own bows,arrows,strings etc.He would be 70 now and still pulls a 75 lb bow.I will never make an archer,but I do love real bows!
DSCN1238.JPG
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Mountain dewd

Re: Kurt flinging some arrows!

Postby Mountain dewd » 17 Mar 2016, 17:52

Fantastic looking bow, Kurt. I will admit to having a new compound bow, but it is strictly a work bow. Sort of like my flintlocks, I prefer a longbow, but I can't say I am great at hitting much with either!
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

WASATCH CHARLIE

Postby WASATCH CHARLIE » 21 Mar 2016, 00:07

Good looking long bow !!!! i have,in fact, made my own arrows........damn things flew like a friggin
KOREAN BAllASTIC MISSLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Left-right and into my tent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Target was NOT within 10 feet of tent at 25 yards ). just don't have enough ''native'' genes to make'em right...
General JAY GIBSON was my friend and always will be.
Straight as an arrow to VALHALLA. Brother.
Keep an eye on IVY until I get home. ztou

kwh
Site Admin

Postby kwh » 21 Mar 2016, 14:27

I never tried making arrows.Probably have the same problem!

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 21 Mar 2016, 17:27

Glenn, if they were Korean, they would blow themselves up!!

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

44man

Postby 44man » 30 Jul 2017, 06:42

Me and long bows don't get along anymore either. When young I hunted rabbits with them where nobody could fire guns, always came home with 17 and even shot pheasants out of the air. Seems to just go away. I made my own bows and arrows, strings, etc. Arrows came out a little stiff so I put the big, heavy Snuffers on to shoot straight. I think they are 174 gr.
Missed a deer from the tree, forgot to aim low, got another arrow on and my left arm flung so bad I hit the deer behind the head. Fast kill. Glad nobody seen that shot.

Return to “Battle Axes, Spears; Bows”