I must be slipping gents

44man

Re: I must be slipping gents

Postby 44man » 05 Jun 2017, 07:22

I remember building model planes with the old glue and fletching arrows, took forever to dry. Then super glue came along. Once I crashed and picked up a peck basket of parts, glued the whole plane back together. It took forever. Arrows took over 1/2 hour for a feather. Now it is a few seconds.

WASATCH CHARLIE

Postby WASATCH CHARLIE » 06 Jun 2017, 00:43

Thumb to index finger even Quicker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
General JAY GIBSON was my friend and always will be.
Straight as an arrow to VALHALLA. Brother.
Keep an eye on IVY until I get home. ztou

44man

Postby 44man » 06 Jun 2017, 08:56

Been there, done that! The glue was developed for surgery.
Long ago at work I poured some on the seat of the gas truck. There was a problem with a plane on push back so the maintenance supervisor jumped in the gas truck and got stuck big time. Funny as all get out. I still wonder how he got his pants off. Nobody did what I did at work. My friend was on vacation and I know locks so I figured his combination. I made a big doll with a paper mache face, ugly as sin and a deer tail for you know what. I stuffed it in his locker. Had the crew watch as he opened it. WOW. He almost had the big one. We had him drive a tractor around with it in the seat. People in the terminal went bonckers. Next time I stuffed his locker with crumpled newspapers, about blew him off his feet.
Then the time I screwed a lunch bucket to the bench. I could go on for years but you get the picture. I am still a big SOB. I was not the only one, they put a chain on a friends truck to a tree. He was jerked to a stop and hit it again. Next time they put steel banding around his doors. You don't know what a laugh a minute is, we were crazy.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 06 Jun 2017, 09:43

That is funny stuff! I could listen to stories like that indefinitely.
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

WASATCH CHARLIE

Postby WASATCH CHARLIE » 08 Jun 2017, 18:09

Sooooo, Mrs.Wasatch itv wrong,. i'm not the ONLY GUY my age that likes ''stuff'' like that !!!!lol lol lol
General JAY GIBSON was my friend and always will be.
Straight as an arrow to VALHALLA. Brother.
Keep an eye on IVY until I get home. ztou

44man

Postby 44man » 11 Jun 2017, 09:05

No, you are not alone. How about another? Our supervisors were so bad we kept sanity by doing things, expose your side and I would poke it.
One winter the super told me to wash the Xtane truck, the little one I fueled all the tractors with. I told him it was too cold but he insisted. I got the hose and seen water freeze on contact so I turned to a spray. I coated the truck so thick with ice it had to be pulled into the hanger under the heater and it took 8 hours to thaw. He said "I guess I made a mistake."
Then oiling engines on a DC7 parked off the taxi way on a pad. Under the wings was mud. I drove under the wings, got one side but on the other I got stuck almost to the frame. I got the oil in and went home with the truck stuck. They must have used a tow tractor to get it out.
Another thing I liked to do was to pour some oil in the exhaust ring. When they started the engines, smoke would block the sun.
We got snow and would get in the Xtane truck and oil trucks and chase each other. Get down to the fuel pumps and one guy tried to cut me off by going between pumps--surprise, big steel pole under the snow.
Then washing the 8000 gallon fuel trucks. We used track cleaner for exhaust tracks on prop planes. It washed the Sohio lettering off.
Get me started and you will laugh so hard, you might hurt.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 11 Jun 2017, 22:26

Characters like you are rare sir. I am gasping from my laughter.
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

44man

Postby 44man » 12 Jun 2017, 11:59

But you know I love you but never turn your back. You have to know my best friends ever where the ones I did fun with. Those alive now are still my best ever. I have lost just too many. As we see those go, it hurts. But if they can look down they will say "you crazy sob." I am proud to have made them laugh.

Return to “Gunsmithing; Woodwork, General Restoration”