Bit the bullet

Mountain dewd

Bit the bullet

Postby Mountain dewd » 31 May 2016, 23:53

Well, I finally went and did it the other day. I purchased a LEE melter. I bought the nice one with the pour spout. WOW guys! I was really missing out not having one. I cast up a bunch of .390 roundballs and they turned out great. Great control with the lead pot!
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

kwh
Site Admin

Re: Bit the bullet

Postby kwh » 01 Jun 2016, 09:05

Good for you! I bought one of the little 4 lb lee furnaces when they first came out( 70s?) and I am still using it.I have always had excellent results with Lee products.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 01 Jun 2016, 09:43

Thanks! I think this one is rated for 10 pounds. That's a lot of .40 roundballs!
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

kwh
Site Admin

Postby kwh » 03 Jun 2016, 07:57

Are you using a Lee mold ? I have owned a bunch of molds by different makers and Lee molds seem to produce as good a bullet as any of them.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 03 Jun 2016, 10:44

Yep, all LEE, and one Lyman. The Lyman feels sturdier and has a better sprue cutter, but the product is identical to the LEE unit.

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

44man

Postby 44man » 20 Aug 2017, 06:55

With the monsters I shoot, I use the 20# pot. I ladle cast so I plugged the hole in the bottom. I have the LBT soft nose pot made by Lee too, never a problem.
Lyman and RCBS pots never worked for me. Problems with thermostats.

Return to “Casting Equipment”