NEW IRRESPONSIBLE PURCHASE take a look

Motorcycles; ATVs; 4x4s; Pick-Ups; Cars
Mountain dewd

NEW IRRESPONSIBLE PURCHASE take a look

Postby Mountain dewd » 22 Jun 2017, 22:50

Gentlemen, a lot has happened leading up to this update. I was cruising Craigslist and I found something I could not live without. It was a 1966 ford f250 factory long wheelbase 4x4. One of 1595 units ever made. It was posted for 1500 about five hours away. I had to make a sacrifice in order to fit this one in the family, so I had to let go of the WHITE POWER diesel. I am a little sore about it but this truck is, surprisingly, in very good order. I drove the 704 miles to get the truck home and began work. The electrical system was in very good shape, I replaced one fuse, cleaned up a few wires and made an auxiliary fuse panel for accessories, and now absolutely every electrical feature of the truck works perfectly and reliably. It's equipped with one of the best engines ever made, the 300 cu. in. SIX backed by a 3 on the tree. It had been sitting for six years so there was rust built up in the tank and clogging the fuel pump and filter. I removed the tank from behind the cab and flushed it repeatedly. A new filter and it is perfect. Other than easy brake work, I have had no other mechanical work has been necessary. I have been driving the truck every day with zero issues.

Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

stm

Re: NEW IRRESPONSIBLE PURCHASE take a look

Postby stm » 23 Jun 2017, 01:21

Cool device!!! Really good looking truck! Why they was reject those steps between cab and rear wheelarcs ? It was comfortable :-)
And cool style fuel filler !!!
Are you planned to paint ?

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 23 Jun 2017, 09:18

Thanks! I can't tell you how many times I have already used the side steps on this truck. Very handy! I have considered paint and body work, but it would be very challenging. The truck is pretty rusty. I would need to completely rebuild the bed which may not be practical. It may stay as a rat rod truck for now.
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

daniellawecki

Postby daniellawecki » 24 Jun 2017, 07:38

Nice looking truck I saw a Chevy step side the other day coming home from work. Now work your magic and make it awesome.

WASATCH CHARLIE

Postby WASATCH CHARLIE » 25 Jun 2017, 20:21

Fine , fine purchase !!!!!!! that IS a classic body style....... you did well AGAIN.
Ride it like it is......
glenno
General JAY GIBSON was my friend and always will be.
Straight as an arrow to VALHALLA. Brother.
Keep an eye on IVY until I get home. ztou

kwh
Site Admin

Postby kwh » 27 Jun 2017, 15:26

Mighty fine truck Md! I believe I would start cutting rust out and welding in sound metal even f you dont bother to finish it out.The truck will live a lot longer that way. Does that truck have a wood bed floor?

heck

Postby heck » 03 Jul 2017, 08:30

That's a terrific old truck. Good luck with this project.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 03 Jul 2017, 10:05

Thanks gents! My plan at the moment has been to cut out and replace all rusty metal (already waist deep in it) and clear coat the patina. Kurt, the truck originally came with a wood bed floor but now has thick steel welded in its place.

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

WASATCH CHARLIE

Postby WASATCH CHARLIE » 03 Jul 2017, 11:52

Went out yesterday evening for a ride and as we turned onto the main highway, a truck just like yours turned in the opposite direction .
General JAY GIBSON was my friend and always will be.
Straight as an arrow to VALHALLA. Brother.
Keep an eye on IVY until I get home. ztou

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 03 Jul 2017, 12:30

Well I'll be, Glenn. Too bad it wasn't me that made my way up there.

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Return to “Mechanized Travel”