This is PIGPEN

Motorcycles; ATVs; 4x4s; Pick-Ups; Cars
Mountain dewd

This is PIGPEN

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 12:48

After seemingly endless craigslist surfing and missed opportunities, I finally found my dream truck. It is a 1973 f250 custom, 360, bored .30 over with new top end, Edelbrock 650 carb, NP435 4-speed, NP205 divorced transfer case. She is a little rough, but runs really well.

THE GOOD: New top end, no body rust or serious dents, good glass, runs and drives well, shifts good, decent tires, comes with an identical spare, great clutch, good brakes, headlights (high and low beams) work, running lights work.

THE BAD: Power steering leaks, radiator leaks, holes in floorboards, nasty wiring, No air cleaner, and a non functional dash.

IMG_1940.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:
WAY too many people on earth too few dogs....
I really believe I am getting more and more anti social as the days fly by.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Mountain dewd

Re: This is PIGPEN

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 12:50

The BOY approves! All 7700 pounds of it. :)
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG
Jay Gibson- 1966-2015. You will always be with us brother. Rest easy in Valhalla till we all meet up again.

Of what value is the preservation of humanity without the preservation of freedom?
WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 12:54

In digging around under the seat, I found a knife, and to my surprise, it was a Kershaw, worth $80 or so. Who cares of its purple, ILL TAKE IT!
IMG_1945.JPG

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 13:04

Did a little work today. Replaced the fuse for the brake lights, and sure enough, they lit right up! Still no turn signals though, I may have to look at the switch or wiring for that. As for the dash, the wiring is a MESS. Nothing plugged in, and nothing works. I DO have a working temp gauge and oil pressure gauge which is a comforting thought. I am getting 30psi oil pressure at idle and over 40 at speed. The speedometer cable is shot, so that will need replacing. I wedged the piece of wood to hold the pedal down to verify that the lights worked. I also fixed the tailgate latch, so the handle actually works.

As for the fender flares, they are uglier in person. I would take them off, but somebody had cut the fenders and covered it up with these. I will be getting new ones eventually though.
IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Jay Gibson
Site Admin

Postby Jay Gibson » 25 Jul 2015, 13:06

LOOKIN' GOOD! Really happy for you.

3/4 ton?
" If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.
The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.
A man of courage is also full of faith.
He only employs his passion who can make no use of his reason.
A friend is, as it were, a second self.
While there's life, there's hope.
True nobility is exempt from fear.
Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind."

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 13:10

Thanks buddy! Yep, 3/4 tonner, D60 in the rear,D40 in the front.

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Jay Gibson
Site Admin

Postby Jay Gibson » 25 Jul 2015, 13:34

Minus those chebby lookin' fenders, it's PERFECT, to me. EXACTLY what I want as well. I think I'll go back to CL.

BUILT
FORD
TOUGH
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.
Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind."

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 13:42

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (14.36 KiB) Viewed 237 times
It is the truck of my dreams. The fenders underneath are REALLY badly cut, so unless I want to drop all the cash at LMC truck, I will have to hold off. Be it my choice, they would be gone.

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Jay Gibson
Site Admin

Postby Jay Gibson » 25 Jul 2015, 13:52

It does my heart good to see a man take pride in his purchase. All the best!

My advice:

Take your time.

Go slow.

Make repairs BUT repair them the WAY you want the truck to be, in the end.

As always remember, the only person you have to please is yourself BUT never sell yourself short.

Mountain dewd

Postby Mountain dewd » 25 Jul 2015, 14:16

Thanks Jay!

Your advice is spot on, exactly what I am going to do. I want to get it to be a reliable driver and slowly improve it.

WASATCH CHARLIE wrote:

Return to “Mechanized Travel”